|Thirteen Things about or I love about my husband, T
Thirteen things about or that I love about my husband
1. He makes no excuses about who he is. WYSIWYG
2. He's my one and only. I knew not long after we met that he was THE ONE. I know now that he's the one God made for me. I'm not interested in looking anywhere else, and even being attracted to a movie or rock star who I know I'll never get makes me uncomfortable. I've really had to go out of the comfort zone I was in while being single (which only lasted until I was 19), and I'm only now getting used to it.
3. He takes me as I am. I don't HAVE to change for him, he loves me for me.
This is another comfort zone I need to work myself out of, as at my size certain intimacies are very uncomfortable for me---not physically necessarily, but mentally
4. He loves us like crazy. He'll do anything for us. He's said a million times that he's happiest when he sees us happy. .
5. He's only 5 days older than me. How is it that I had to go 1000+ miles (total---because I had to go down to Basic at Fort Jackson first, then up to Maryland) to meet the perfect guy for me, who came into the world at almost the same time? "Our movie" (okay, it's something I picked) is What Dreams May Come (it's why it's my favorite)---after watching it for the first time, I turned to him and told him I'm not waiting 19 years the next time around. He picked our song---"Keeper of the Stars" by Tracy Byrd....definitely fits :-) (3 facts in 1)
6. He does origami
and he's taught our daughter too. :-)
7. He's worked at the same place since the day after our daughter was born. He's been in the union since 1999. I'm proud to wear the t-shirt we got from the union a while back.
8. He loves to take pictures. These will be a feature of a later TT. He has a pretty good eye, too, and we had wanted to enter a few into local contests, but haven't yet. We're going to hopefully try the fair next year---both of us, as I want to enter a crocheted item in as well.
9. He's a great cook. It would be nice if he would go to school for it. There are a lot of things he could go to school for, he's just not confident enough in his intelligence to go to school. Yet. Because he will one day... But come on, wouldn't you love a guy who could make this for you any time you wanted?:
10. He's our tech guy in this house. Every time we have a problem with the computer, he's the one who takes care of it. I do the html (though, ya know, he does too), but he does all the hard stuff with the computer stuffings and software, and how they interact.
11. He wrote me a poem once. Here's the link (it's the first one, the rest are mine): http://www.geocities.com/redheaded_angels_home/poem1.html
12. He's 6'4". A full head taller than me, but I like it, I like taller guys :-D
13. He's good looking. He might not be exactly what other ladies like, but each day and time I look at him (and our babies), he (and they) take my heart away :-D
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants