I really must get this over and done with, so I can post it and tell the world how I’m doing. (Does the world care?)
TODAY’S WORD COUNT : 5431
We’ll start with an update on my progress with ROW80, because I haven’t checked in in over a week, and then go from there.
1. Writing Prompts: I’m working on the story I mentioned before, from Toasted Cheese prompts from October (you can choose Previous Months and Next Month with buttons at the bottom). I’d also like to do Toasted Cheese’s Dead of Winter Horror Fiction Writing Contest. Before you ask, can I really do horror? Keep in mind that I did do a surreal story when I was in college, and I’m thinking I pulled that one off well, so I should try my hand at this. I can do anything I put my mind to, as long as I put my mind to it! And it’s got children as the base this year (sorta), so we’ll see! I can’t think of anything much more horrifying than CHILDREN!!!!
2. Networking: A week ago Saturday, I went to the NaNoWriMo local meet and greet. I took over an hour longer to find it than I should have because – well, because I wasn’t as observant as I should be, and my phone isn’t to full service at the moment. It should be again, soon. Now I’m sitting at the first Write-In. I completed over 5K words (as you can see up above), which puts me in line to at least take a break over the next few days if I so choose (I don’t really choose, but I just couldn’t stop writing on this when I got going), or at least well on my way to completing the 50K words!
3. Personal: I haven’t written in my paper journal for a few days, but I did become a member of 750words.com and written there every day since. I’m wondering if I’ll be able to write there first thing in the morning any time soon. Probably not during training at my new job, but definitely afterwards when I have a real schedule.
4. Getting my work out there: Again – no.
5. Editing: Not even.
I’ve got so many other interests and things that need done, so this is that part of the list:
6. Read something: Took a trip to the library earlier this week, got a pile of books including the latest (?) Stephen King novel. Doctor Sleep. I also got a series by Andrea Kane, starting with The Girl Who Disappeared Twice, which I’ve already gotten through. I went on Monday, so this took me about 3 days. Normal for me, with the amount of time I’ve had available.
7. Crafting: I found a Ring Mandrel at Michael’s. $20, but well worth it if you ask me. It’s a metal one. I’ll buy that later, but I did get some yarn. I also bought some marked down charms that are going to be the first set of knitting stitch markers that I’m going to make. I just have to sit down and decide what wire and beads I’m going to use. I’ve got 2 Infinity Scarves that I got out of some nice yarn that I bought, and I’ve started on a third with a sort of Sage or Forest green and Jeweltones, in Red Heart Soft. I’ve also got a baby blanket in the works to replace the one I had allowed my sister in law to take for a baby shower she was going to (she got the standard family/friends rate of just reimbursing for the materials). I really should add these things to my Etsy account.
DAILY – I’m still sleeping fairly well, but we have to get up early (6 – 7 am) to get my husband to work. Next week, I’m going to be getting up at 5am to get to work. I have to start going to bed earlier. I’m eating decently, but I could eat better. And money. Just – UGH.
As I said, I’m at the current Write-In for NaNoWriMo. I wrote over 5K words, and it feels good (even tho the two characters currently up, the main female character and one of her main male counterparts are fighting. Over her taking a taxi. So I have to shut them up – and leave anyhow.). I’ve also written at 750words.com, and I’ve added to this (I had started this post almost a week ago). So I’ve written well over 6K words today. And if they don’t shut up, I may get back into the document and write more later…..
Okay, well, that’s it. To give you a smile, here’s a look at what I’ve got for my desktop picture. It gets me every time: