Let’s get right to ROW80, then move on to the update on my donation page:
1. Writing Prompts: I’m working on one, with several Toasted Cheese prompts from October, right now. At least I’m writing, right?
2. Networking: Haven’t joined the Springfield Writer’s Guild yet, I’m really sort of considering putting that off until January so I know what my work schedule is and I can pay for the whole year instead of joining at the last minute this year. I’m not posting every day, but I am active in the local forum. I’m at least reading other people’s posts on their blogs, and commenting from time to time. That’s about it, I missed #writestuff on Twitter last night because of having to go get my husband and the phone being off (poo!).
3. Personal: I wrote yesterday and today in my journal, and started a list of what requirements I have for our first apartment here.
4. Getting my work out there: Yeah, no.
5. Editing: Not even.
I’ve got so many other interests and things that need done, so this is that part of the list:
7. Read something: Planning on going to the library this evening, so I’ll do this then.
8. Crafting: Contemplating what to put up and what to make to put up. I’ve been thinking about making knitting stitch markers, I have always thought that would be kinda fun, and they would probably sell. Also, thinking about tracking down a ring form thing (long stick like thing that marks off traditional ring sizes as it goes up. Or down, depending on what end you are starting from. I’m going to look at Michael’s some day soon) and starting to make rings.
DAILY – Still sleeping well. I don’t like when I end up sleeping in until noon, but with having to get up to get my husband to work early in the morning, sometimes it’s unavoidable.
So far I have 1 donor. Better than nothing, and actually quite the surprise. I’m not sure if I deleted the email that told me she had donated or not, but I went to the page and there her comment was, and my total donations had gone up! 2 whole % of my donation goal.
I’ve come up with incentives – all writing based – for my donors. They are as follows:
For a $10 donation – Your name (or the name of your choosing) will be a character’s name.
For a $25 donation – You get to give me a prompt for one of my characters – a challenge, an item, etc.
I think these are good incentives because #1 I always have such a hard time figuring out names for my characters. So there have been a lot of Steves. Also, #2 it allows my “fans” to become actively involved in the writing process.
Of course, I should probably also mention them in acknowledgements some day, too, huh? I guess I’ll have to add that to the donor page!
Anything else? Only that we will be looking to finding our own place shortly, and I will be starting my new job when NaNoWriMo starts.
I think that’s it for now, have a good day!