Considering it’s almost the new year, I decided to go back and look over what I thought about this year at the beginning of this year. This is one of the things I posted at the beginning of the year. I thought it appropriate to update it, because there are some updates needed. And maybe one thing I missed last time. Originally found this myself at Broken Down Angel’s blog
1. Started your own blog – duh
2. Slept under the stars – Many times! Though only once in the Army! We love to camp!
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower – Just not recently!
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo – you don’t want to hear me sing!
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch – The one that defines me! Crochet! And I’m slowly working on beading!
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables – we do some in pots from time to time, and I want to have a garden when we own a home!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise – Okay, I have to count this one as done too, because during my senior trip we went on a cruise for dinner one night. Danced on the boat and everything…Ola… *sigh*
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person – about 5 times. I live in Western New York after all! 😀
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors – my parents and my dad’s grandparents ARE my ancestors—and I was born in the same hospital my mom was. One day I’d love to go to Sweden!
35. Seen an Amish community – again, I live in WNY. There are small patches all over!
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance – because of P’s febrile seizure in February
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain – I figure being married 14 years, we probably have by now…
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class – Tai Chi at the gym I used to go to.
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – as the mom of a Girl Scout
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check – 😦
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – I figure my teddy bear my mom and dad gave me when I was born counts.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job – though my manager called it being “let go” (SAME THING!)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone – in my left foot when I was 5.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper – the local paper (used to?) publishes the senior class at each school at the end of the year.
85. Read the entire Bible – I got close, joined a study group and everything. Only got into Proverbs. And not even all the way through!
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – do fish count? I’ve seen that.
88. Had chickenpox – 4th grade.
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury – I got close this year, I was called up for jury duty, but the person plead out while we were watching the film about it. Then, T was supposed to go last Friday (not yesterday, the Friday before), and the defendant in that case plead out too. And I knew beforehand that he had—because I talked to my Ethics prof, who after all is an assistant D.A. I’m exempt for the next 4 or 6 years, but with the fact I’m going into the Criminal Justice field, I may not be eligible ever. I learned THAT from my Stats prof, because he was supposed to go in for jury duty. And he said something about them having to excuse him because he’s in the CJ field. 🙂
91. Met someone famous – Let’s see—the most famous were Tony Kushner (writer of Angels in America—that’s one I’d like to do over because I was a blabbering slob), Steve Almond (published the short story collection My Life in Heavy Metal), Barry Lillis (a former meteorologist for Channel 2 news), and several Bills players in the early 90’s, including Darryl Talley, Thurmon Thomas and probably Jim Kelly.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee – and a hornet *shiver*