It’s been a while.

And I’m so sorry for those of you who might consider yourself regular readers. If you’ve dropped me…you probably aren’t reading this anyhow, but it’s time to give you all an update.

It’s been a crazy summer. My daughter, my oldest, is 13. And she’s been making some interesting decisions. Not good ones. We’re in family counseling to deal with those issues. She’s on restriction both at home and at school, because some of her decisions were made at school. I’ve, thus, had no internet access other than at college. Right now, even, I’m on my laptop writing this. I love my laptop.

College is interesting so far. I like all my classes, even the ones I don’t like sometimes. I haven’t done any writing, which sucks, but I’m going to start working on that. I copied a couple calendars from Toasted Cheese.

I’ve got a few crochet projects going. I’ve made the first baby afghan for my nephew-or-niece-to-be, I just have to weave in the ends. I hate doing those, can you tell? I’m making an afghan with scrap yarn, that my daughter asked if she could have, using the pattern (only tripled) that I used for the baby afghan. It’s my favorite pattern.

I wish I could spend more time here. My battery is dying, I have to pee, and I left my cell phone in the car so I need to go and see if anyone has texted or called.

Oh, yeah, that’s the other fun thing. Not only have I had to deal with when or if the landlord is going to show up and if anyone is going to come and fix our ceiling, we’ve been sick on and off. P is dealing with a nose thing, which must only be that, because he doesn’t have a fever (he’s a little warm under the blankets, but I check him again after I’ve taken them off and his temp goes down a bit). I had strep throat last week, which might not have been strep, but could have simply been a virus. I went to the er last Wednesday because my uvula had swollen so big I couldn’t talk without it choking me. The doctor said it didn’t look too bad—but, man, I COULDN’T TALK OR HARDLY SWALLOW. I’d had strep that bad before, so that’s what I thought it was. I’m not happy because they didn’t take a culture, but I made sure to have the kids checked. I’m hoping it’s not something with the house.

And I’m going to work hard on finding a new place. I was talking with a friend in one of my classes who has a really good landlord, and I’m thinking I’ll try student apartments because right now I’m a student.

Okay, now that’s it. I’ve got to go home so we can pick up the oldest, and so I can go make phone calls. And pee. Because it’s that week again.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s