What is something that you still want to squeeze in this summer that you haven’t yet?
Now don’t whine that I’ve done all this already (because I have, but I want MORE of it!):
– reading things on my list (and off it too)
– spending time with the fam
– going swimming
What happened this week that was unique from the rest?
My daughter’s first real boyfriend (the kind that she kissed and snuck out of the house for) broke up with her. After we brought him (and the friend of hers that he’s now supposedly dating, though things are fishy with that because this is the friend that D “helped” not have to date the guy) to Darien Lake for T’s work picnic.
Where were you born? What is something unique about this city?
Jamestown, NY. In Lucile Ball’s hometown (or right next to it, if you consider that Celeron is actually supposed to be her hometown. But Jamestown often gets the bill.)
Where would you like to be right at this moment?
I’m fine with where I am, though I’d rather be in a house we own, not a rental property.
Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for this week?)
Just holding on to my Father’s hand. That’s all I need, right? 😀
1. My daughter is learning that her first boyfriend breaking up with her and the ensuing heartache is not the end of the world.
2. Sitting here, listening to the sound of rain falling, I want to hurry up and get off here so I can go watch it.
3. That first lick of the first vanilla ice cream of the summer tastes so good!
4. Sometimes, putting others first is difficult.
5. A loud, busy, constant thunderstorm is breathtaking, really. Especially in Wyoming and Colorado.
6. Well, maybe there is a thing or two wrong with a thunderstorm.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to my daughter falling asleep (so I don’t have to worry about her anymore, for a few hours), tomorrow my plans include bible study and worrying about my daughter some more and Sunday, I want to go to church, where I won’t have to worry about her for about an hour!