1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
The gas bill. It’s way too big. Over $300 a month. How DOES that happen?
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
The Chinese Restaurant. With my husband, for our anniversary. I think my dad watched the kids.
3. How many colleges did you attend?
One. Pretty soon, it will be twice that I’ve attended it, for 2 different degrees 😀
4. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It’s my favorite shirt. I chose the pants because the blue they are would look better with the shirt than a pair of my black pants.
5. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
I didn’t get woke up by an alarm. I got woke up by a nearly 4 year old little boy puking on my bed. I made sure he puked on the comforters, because I didn’t want to wash the sheet right away (not that it matters, because he threw up on that too, later). My first thought? “Oh great” and “make sure he throws up on the comforter…blah blah blah”.
6. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
Why didn’t my daughter go bed earlier?
7. What do you miss being a child?
I miss not having to worry about bills.
8. What errand/chore do you despise?
The dishes. Or everything, if I’m feeling bad enough.
9. Have you found real love yet?
10. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
11. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
12. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Hmm…maybe President Obama. Or Vincent D’Onofrio
13. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
I’ve never had to use a fire extinguisher for anything.
14. Somewhere in California you’ve never been and would like to go?
Anywhere. I’ve never been to California
15. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Both. I’d like a new best friend. 😐 I’m definitely going to be starting a new career in the next few years.
16. Do you have a “go to” person?
My parents. My dad got Gatorade and ibuprophen and acetominephin (sp?) for my sick little guy this evening. I’ll have to pay him back, of course.
17. Are you where you want to be in life?
I think so. I’d like to have had a paying job for more than a month, but I’m happily married, I’ve got 2 kids, and I’ve graduated college once already. I’m pretty happy with where I am.
18. Over the years, what about you do you think has changed the most?
Hmm….Not sure. My confidence would be one thing. I don’t feel as sure about me as I once did.
19. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
No, they weren’t. They were SOME of the best years of my life, not THE best.
20. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
Not really 😦
21. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
For me or teenagers in general? Hmm…for me, I liked the beach in the town my parents own a home, which for the kids in that school in that town, it’s the main hangout. For here in the town we live in now, back then and now it was (and is) downtown. It’s hard to keep my daughter from wanting to go hang out with her friends the older she’s getting, but I never wanted her to be the kind of kid to hang out downtown 😐
22. Who do you think impacted your life the most?
God and Jesus. Without them, there’s nothing.
23. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you?
Several. My middle school math teacher (whom my daughter can’t stand, since she still works at the school), my middle school English teacher (whom I think my daughter liked, but who has recently retired), most of my teachers in high school, but especially Mrs. French and Mrs. Mancuso.
Do you ever look at the names of teachers in other schools (even, say, your kid’s schools) and realize just how foreign they seem?
24. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age”?
Only when I’m lecturing my daughter.
25. What is the scariest thing that has happened to you as an adult?
When my son had his febrile seizure. Dealing with the fact that I lived downstairs from the daughter of a local escaped convict wasn’t even that scary. My whole world could have fallen apart, but it didn’t feel like it was.
26. What advice would you give to someone about to get married?
My husband’s advice would be to give unconditional trust. Mine is to always make sure to communicate. Your spouse can’t read your mind. Sometimes I don’t remember that myself, though 😐
27. What advice would you give someone starting their first job?
Watch, listen and learn as much as you can. No matter how much schooling you’ve had, you’re not as experienced as your co-workers, and what you might learn could be amazing.
28. If you could go back and change one thing you did, what would it be?
Taking Depo Provera. ‘Nuff said.
29. If you could go back and change one thing someone else did, what would it be?
Bush’s decision to start the Iraq war. Again, ’nuff said.