What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Getting through whatever illness happens to be making me feel so bad (really, most of the time I’m in a bad mood just because I feel or am starting to feel physically ill). Otherwise, talking to friends and family and going to church helps a whole lot.
Who were your favorite teachers growing up and why?
Let’s see—in middle school, it was my 7th grade math teacher. I’m not sure why. My daughter, who knows of her but doesn’t have her (because she’s going to the school I was going to then) for math, doesn’t like her. I admit, she’s kinda stuffy now, but she was pretty awesome when I was in school.
In high school, it was my 9th and 11th grade English teacher. Same person, because by then I was going to the rural high school I ended up graduating from. She was the most hated teacher by the rest of the school (at least, they were the most vocal about how they felt about her), but I liked her BECAUSE she was tough. I graduated with a set of twins—the one twin’s nickname for her? Satan. 😐
What, in your opinion, is the worst song ever?
Oh my. Hmm….there’s a song D was listening to constantly on YouTube at one point. I forget what it’s called. But that was the worst song I had heard ever. My mom would probably tell you it’s “More Than Words”. I LOVED that song when it was out, and mom called it “The Puke Song”. 😛
What personal activity, when performed in public, bothers you the most?
People talking when you are trying to listen to something—classic examples would be people talking in the movie theatre (constantly—I’ve been known to make comments to T from time to time), people talking in class…and my most disliked one, when other moms talk during the speakers at MOPS.
Recipe for the Week (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for this week?)
Because of what happened earlier, and how I’m now feeling like a basket case half the time—-praying praying praying. PRAYING.WITHOUT.CEASING.
1. Please don’t tell …. Wow. I’m becoming a lot more open about what I tell people. Okay, I was always open, but….there’s nothing I really have to hide anymore (other than just a few select things I have never and will never tell my mom about when I was in the Army. I’m sure her own imagination can fill in the blanks fine for her. Har har…)
2. Can you wake all the way up in the morning? Sometimes I can, sometimes I can’t. This morning I could, but it’s been hard up until then. Must be this cold/fever thing was coming on pretty hard, huh?
3. The color blue food coloring makes me want to run—screaming “never again”—from the room!
4. I have a craving for absolutely nothing right now. How awesome is that?
5. If my life had a pause button, I’d pause it Monday evening and make sure P being sick gets attention too, so I don’t have to live through that.
6. Eyes are the the windows to the soul (cliche, I know, but hey).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to having a cleaner house, tomorrow my plans include cleaning more of it and Sunday, I want to go to church again (which will be the first time P’s been out of the house for something other than the doctor!).