How did you ring in the New Year this year?
The usual way we do, actually. We went out on New Year’s Eve, to a local liquor store that nearly always has the Andre line on special for New Year’s, and got ourselves our bubbly to ring in the New Year. Also, we picked up some Sparkling Grape Juice for the kids. Then we waited for midnight, and toasted the New Year. There was at least one year which T and I went out to the bars, and he suggested this be another year, but we had no childcare—the one we would have used had to get back to dad’s because they had to work the next morning. Poor things. (They should count themselves lucky they each have jobs right now, and loving family that will help them out.)
How did you spend the first day of the New Year 2009?
Sleeping, then we just sorta puttered around—first here at home then at my mom’s.
Do you set New Year Resolutions? If yes, what is one you set this year?
Not anymore. I find them pointless. But it is a good time for new starts. And I will be starting a new weight loss attempt on the 5th. I was going to start on the 1st, but there’s just something about having T and D around that makes it impossible to even think sometimes. 😐
What are your expectations for 2009?
I expect a lot of things to get better, both nationally and personally. I expect to potty train P this year. Diaper changing is getting kind of old. 😐 I expect the economy to start looking up by the end of the year. Even just a little bit. I expect to maybe start a part time thing sometime this year, maybe get P into preschool too. (That’s where potty training will become important.) I expect to lose some weight this year too. Getting those 50 off again would be nice—being consistent with 2 pounds a week would be even better (that would put me at a 100 pound weight loss ya know :-)).
Recipe for this Week (instead of your recipe for life – what is it for just this week?)
Once again, I find Phillipians 4:13 to be my inspiration. I hope to get into some reading this year that will expand what verses really inspire me.
1. The world is a beautiful place because it’s a gift from God.
2. “P get some pants on” was the last thing I said.
3. I wonder when things will start to look better.
4. God and Jesus are at the end of all things. (The beginning too!)
5. There’s something to be said for faith, love and hard work.
6. Oddly enough, here is where I want to be.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to more work on the socks and sleep, tomorrow my plans include spending time with my family and Sunday, I want to go to church and spend more time with my family!