Was there a special moment for you during Christmas day (or Eve) this year?
I think the service and the commmunion (we could partake in communion in the Community Center) afterwards. I always like talking with people after service. And all the time I’ve gotten to spend with T.
What was served for your Christmas dinner this year?
Swedish Meatballs, potatoes and peas. Also, we had milk, water and Pomegranate Blueberry juice available. That juice is pretty awesome. When we were spending time with the rest of my family, we had a variety of cheeses, vegetables and dips. Plus the usual sweet treats—my sister had made cookies from a tube (which she managed to mess up some. I’m the baker :-D), and my mom’s roommate had bought some cupcakes at a bake sale at the home not long ago. They were actually pretty good. 🙂
What did you get that you really wanted? What didn’t you get that you really wanted?
The Women’s Study Bible that I wanted, even though I didn’t get it on Christmas like I would have liked. What I wanted that I haven’t gotten yet is the year’s worth of access to my CSS. But the fact that I’m pointing it out is lost on T, because just before I started typing it out, he got up and went into the living room. He had been sitting here next to me for a few minutes.
How are you feeling right at this moment? Relieved it’s over or sad it’s over already?
I’m cheery. Not for either reason—there’s no relief that it’s all done. I’m just in a good mood.
Recipe for this Week (instead of your recipe for life – what is it for just this week?)
I just worked really hard not to stress the whole thing—I know one year I made a big thing of it in my mind, and I vowed to myself from then on not to make too big of a thing of it. I focus mostly on my kids, with maybe one gift for each of everyone else.
1. I must get right with the Lord and lose a lot of weight before I die.
2. You can’t stop the Devil without God’s help.
3. I wish I never had to buy fat clothes again. Or anything else, frankly. It all costs so much, and the money goes so quickly. 😦
4. God and Jesus ha[ve] helped me change my life.
5. I know few songs by heart anymore.
6. If I weren’t so afraid, I would do a lot of things. There’s just so many that I can’t list them all.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to knitting on a sock some more and spending time with my guys, tomorrow my plans include spending more time with my family and knitting some more and Sunday, I want to go to church, as always!