Today’s been a busy crazy day so far, so I’m sorry that I didn’t get a chance until now to get on here and do my Friday memes. More on my day later! But, hey, I’ve already got 14 views today, and that can’t be at all bad! 😀
Here, for your viewing pleasure, is my Food 4 Thought:
Do you have a real Christmas tree or an artificial one?
I’d love to have a real Christmas tree but just couldn’t do the clean up and up keep, so we have an artificial one. Makes it so much easier to just take it out, put it together, and then decorate. Maybe some day when we have our own place we’ll be able to have a real tree. And a cat. What a mix, because the cat will definitely try to go up the tree at least when it’s a kitten.
Do you give a Christmas gift to your nearby neighbors each year?
No. I can’t say I like many of my neighbors that much, though I have given gifts to the neighbor girls that my daughter used to play with (we won’t go into that now though I have before), and in our first apartment I gave some neighbors sugar cookies for Christmas. Then I quit being able to do the recipe right, and I ran into a bit of a brick wall since the one of the twin girls in the one family had an allergy to one of the dyes in the sprinkles.
Have you ever done the 12 Days of Christmas or had it done to you? Was it anonymous?
No, and…well, I guess the point is mote in answering the second one, huh?
What time do you typically get to bed on Christmas Eve?
Depends on if I was smart enough to find time well before that week to (a) buy the presents and (b) wrap them. Otherwise, late late at night if I haven’t, and nice and early if I have. 😀
Recipe for this Week (instead of your recipe for life – what is it for just this week?)
It never changes. Always Philippians 4:13.
To participate in the Food 4 Thought meme, go here.
More meme fun, my Friday Fill-Ins:
1. Friends are forever.
2. Good health; it’s priceless.
3. I’m ready for my husband and daughter to get along again.
4. Preferred Stock is one of my favorite colognes. I used to wear Jean Nate when I was in high school. T has a bottle I bought him from way back when we were first together, of Preferred Stock, that still gives off scent really well.
5. The oldest ornament I have is from when I was a kid. Maybe the bell my sister’s godfather gave me years ago.
6. Take some Amish Friendship Batter, sugar, flour, salt, baking soda, and shortening, mix it all together, knead it, roll it out to about 1/2 thick, paint it with some softened butter, mix together some more sugar and some cinnamon and spread that on the dough, roll it up and cut it into 1 inch thick slices, bake it for half an hour at 350 and you have Cinnamon Rolls. Here, I’ll remind you:
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to getting some Christmas and food shopping done (perhaps by myself, if I can convince T), tomorrow my plans include cleaning the house and washing clothes and Sunday, I want to go to church, as always!
If you want to join in, go here.