In and effort to get more traffic, I’m picking up a meme on Saturdays. This is a new one I found. Enjoy. Here’s the origination page.
1. How long do you sleep each night? 6-10 hours. Depends on when I make it to bed. I like to stay up, but I like sleep too. Go figure.
2. Do you fall asleep easily? Now, yes. It wasn’t always the case. There are still some nights I don’t fall asleep as easily as I usually do, but there haven’t been any nights for a while that I stayed up all night (if I’m not to bed by 4am, I don’t see the point in going.). When I was in high school, I had to go to bed at 9, and I never fell asleep before 11. I was tired the next morning 😦
3. Do you fall asleep at times not in your bed? Once in a very great while. It’s never comfortable. The question for my hubby is—do you fall asleep at times in your bed. He can sleep anywhere, and often does (usually right there on the couch where I’m going to spend most of my day :-|).
4. Do you listen to music or use “white noise” to sleep? Some nights. I usually put it on CNN or the Food Network. But I like falling asleep without it too.
5. Do you sleep through the night or get up a couple of times? I usually wake up, due to the fact that I have a 3 year old who, while he sleeps in his toddler bed, does so just feet from me. And likes to climb in with me. We only have 2 bedrooms, and it makes no sense the two kids sharing a room because of the 9 year gap in their ages.
6. Do you have trouble sleeping away from your own bed? If I’m in a bed, I sleep fine. Otherwise, yes there are problems (see #3).
7. Do you need an alarm clock to get you up? Not always.
8. Do you ever take medication to help you sleep? Only to take care of a headache, backache or pain in my ankle. Otherwise, no.
9. Do you/have you slept with pets? We had a cat when I was still at home, and she’d like to come in and sleep next to your head. I think it would have been hard to sleep with our fish, when he was still here (the he being completely generic—we never knew the actual gender of the fish. But it was aggressive enough that I think it was a boy.)
Remember to visit other participants through the portal for this meme: