What you missed here this week – Thursday night and Friday.

(Written Friday night, put off until Sunday because the computer decided to shut down while I was reading it over before hitting “Publish”. And I just didn’t want to come back to the computer to blog before now.)

Wow, what a difference 24 hours makes. This time last night I was finishing up dealing with putting the little guy to bed. Within 2 hours, I was again wreathing in pain because my back was killing me (that thing I had a while back where I thought I was passing a kidney stone and after the expense [which will go unpaid for a while longer, thanks W] of getting an ultrasound on my kidneys was told it was just back problems because, wow, I’m fat, that back pain. To the point where I was begging and praying so hard for the pain to stop…at which point…), then about an hour after that, I realized *ut oh* things were going to return. Including those 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I had had just before everything started (since we once again have bread). This all resulted in 6 hours of fun. When D got up to go to school and T came home from work, I was finally starting to get small bits of sleep. Including about 10 seconds in the shower (my sanctuary—somehow when stuff like this goes on, the only place I feel close to human is in the shower with hot water pouring down on me) which ended when my knees gave out and the realization that I was going to be heading down woke me up. At 3 (just 3 hours into when it all started) I had gotten comfortable on the couch (another oddity—laying on my back for a bit on the couch when my back starts hurting can sometimes make my back better), but something told me to go into the bedroom, and who wakes up to be recovered and won’t fall back asleep unless mom’s holding his hand? Oh well, at least it’s over and I’m feeling a bit closer to human now. Interestingly, today is really the best I’ve felt for some time, even when my head hurts (because it was and I had to take some ibuprofen). Unfortunately, between this and finally being hungry and going to get some Wheat Thins and P’s butt being raw so we had to change it :-(, we ended up missing the Prayer Vigil my church had downtown for the family who had 2 kids die in a house fire here in town nearly 2 weeks ago. 😐 I doubt we’ll be able to make the pancake breakfast tomorrow either. 😦

Anyhow, P needs to go to bed, and if he’s not already fallen asleep in there on his own by some freak miracle, I’ve got to go read to him and then hold his hand until he does. I like holding his hand. One day I won’t be doing it this way (as things have obviously changed from how they had been done—from him falling to sleep while being breastfed right up until March after I had sprained my ankle and then to falling asleep after 3 books and laying there while mommy held both hands in our bed to him in his crib—I’m not going to tell my mom about him sleeping in his crib until it’s gone on for quite some time! Because I don’t want to jinx it!!! :-S).

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s